Sewer Main Replacement Project #6898B
In February of 2017, the Department of Water Management’s crews will begin the work to install a new sewer main in N. Sauganash Avenue (Peterson-Keeler), in N. Keeler Avenue (Sauganash-Glenlake), and in W. Glenlake Avenue (Keeler-Trip). The old sewer dates back to 1927 and needs to be replaced.
- These streets may be closed to traffic for safety reasons.
- Outside of working hours, a travel lane will be left open for local traffic only.
- You will always be able to reach your home or business.
- The streets may be post with “No Parking” signs as needed during work hours (generally 7am-4pm.) Parking is allowed outside of those hours, but cars will need to be moved by the start of the next workday.
- Street will be preserved as much as possible.
- Construction always involves inconveniences and noise. Everything possible will be done to maintain your quality of life during these projects, and crews are committed to conducting themselves as good and thoughtful neighbors in the course of their presence on your street.
Should you have any questions or concerns, you can either ask the construction foreman during the project, or call any of the following numbers:
24-Hour Service and Information Line: 311
39th Ward Office: 773-736-5594
DWM Office of Public Affairs: 312-744-6635
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this important infrastructure improvement project.